Seven Tips for Working with Domain7
Want to join our team? We want every candidate to tell us the most compelling story possible, so here are a few tips to help you on your way.
1) Be Human We want to know what makes you different than everyone else. Take the time to show us who you really are and what interests you when you’re away from work. There’s no magic formula to how we hire, but we want to know how your past experiences set you up to be an incredible employee for us. There’s no standard approach—show us something different.
2) Be Social Show us you know the online world and are an active contributor—not just a re-poster. We’ll take the time to look you up online, point us toward your social media channels or blog(s). Don’t be afraid to share more obscure accounts like Pinterest and Instagram.
3) Be Informed It’s refreshing to interview someone who knows a bit about Domain7. Asking specific questions about company structure or our team shows you’re interested in the company and our people. Likewise, every role comes with its own vernacular. If you talk about fresh approaches in your industry, show me how you’re using them. If you’re a contractor, take some extra time to ensure your own site reflects the ideas you bring to the table.
4) Be Specific Tell us what you’re passionate about and clearly define what you’d like to do. If you have a passion in one narrow area, let us know. If you like doing a few different things, that’s fine too. We want people who are a good fit and who can do the work they enjoy. When showing us your work, take the time to describe what extra features or functionality you put in or how you did something different.
5) Be Innovative You really want to be noticed? Do really excellent work. There is no replacement for a standout portfolio. Show us work you’re proud of. Every project you complete should be better than the last. Just bear in mind: creativity and innovation are only great if they serve the needs of your client. We’re looking for employees who are solutions-driven.
6) Be a Thinker (and an implementor) Think we’re missing something? Come with ideas of how we can do better and how you can be part of the solution. It shows you take initiative and can can push our company forward.
7) Be Convincing If you’re going to take the time to reach out to us then take the time to really sell yourself. An in-person meeting is your chance to shine, so show us how you would be a great part of our team. Convince us we’d be crazy to not hire you.